In this March 1976 publicity photo released by Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM, director, George Lucas, and actor, Mark Hamill, who portrays young Luke Skywalker, are shown on the salt flats of Tunisia during principal photography of the original “Star Wars.” There’s no mistaking the similarities. A childhood on a dusty farm, a love of fast vehicles, a rebel who battles an overpowering empire, George Lucas is the hero he created, Luke Skywalker. (AP Photo/Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM) ** Usable by LA and DC Only **
‘Star Wars': George Lucas and Mark Hamill
Dec. 18, 2012 | 8:33 p.m.
- ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': See photo of Lucy Lawless as Isabelle Hartley lat.ms/1pDHKur 1 day ago
- ‘Doctor Who': ‘Deep Breath’ set for Blu-Ray release Sept. 9 lat.ms/1pDmHrK 1 day ago
- ‘Mission: Impossible': New Tom Cruise actioner heads into production lat.ms/1tNBrUr 2 days ago
- ‘Action Comics’ No. 1: Superman debut issue fetches record sale price lat.ms/1tMUIFf 2 days ago
- ‘Omen’ series ‘Damien’ next for ‘Walking Dead’ veteran Glen Mazzara lat.ms/1tMGrIX 2 days ago
Who’s Behind the Mask?