In this March 1976 publicity photo released by Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM, director, George Lucas, and actor, Mark Hamill, who portrays young Luke Skywalker, are shown on the salt flats of Tunisia during principal photography of the original “Star Wars.” There’s no mistaking the similarities. A childhood on a dusty farm, a love of fast vehicles, a rebel who battles an overpowering empire, George Lucas is the hero he created, Luke Skywalker. (AP Photo/Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM) ** Usable by LA and DC Only **
‘Star Wars’: George Lucas and Mark Hamill
Dec. 18, 2012 | 8:33 p.m.
- ‘Marvels & Monsters’ exhibit explores comics’ portrayal of Asians lat.ms/IUkCFo 1 day ago
- ‘JLA’ 10 preview: Stargirl, meet the world of ‘Forever Evil’ lat.ms/ISn9A1 1 day ago
- ‘Star Trek 3′ recruits screenwriters Payne, McKay to join Orci lat.ms/IQnmDG 2 days ago
- ‘X-Men Apocalypse’: Bryan Singer announces 2016 mutant sequel lat.ms/ISJz4z 3 days ago
- Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman: Comics world reacts on Twitter lat.ms/ILiobl 3 days ago
Who’s Behind the Mask?