In this March 1976 publicity photo released by Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM, director, George Lucas, and actor, Mark Hamill, who portrays young Luke Skywalker, are shown on the salt flats of Tunisia during principal photography of the original “Star Wars.” There’s no mistaking the similarities. A childhood on a dusty farm, a love of fast vehicles, a rebel who battles an overpowering empire, George Lucas is the hero he created, Luke Skywalker. (AP Photo/Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM) ** Usable by LA and DC Only **
‘Star Wars': George Lucas and Mark Hamill
Dec. 18, 2012 | 8:33 p.m.
- ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ poster withdrawn over 9/11 concerns lat.ms/1rE4Q28 20 hours ago
- ‘Guardians of the Galaxy': ‘Behold,’ Dave Bautista says (only) as Drax lat.ms/1nFB4eh 23 hours ago
- Paolo Rivera: ‘Daredevil’ artist on ‘Valiant’ return to monthly comics lat.ms/1nFapy5 1 day ago
- ‘Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies’ trailer brings war to Middle-earth lat.ms/1nAoEUX 2 days ago
- Comic-Con: Guillermo del Toro talks ‘Crimson Peak,’ ‘Pacific Rim 2′ lat.ms/1rx1cHm 2 days ago
Who’s Behind the Mask?