In this March 1976 publicity photo released by Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM, director, George Lucas, and actor, Mark Hamill, who portrays young Luke Skywalker, are shown on the salt flats of Tunisia during principal photography of the original “Star Wars.” There’s no mistaking the similarities. A childhood on a dusty farm, a love of fast vehicles, a rebel who battles an overpowering empire, George Lucas is the hero he created, Luke Skywalker. (AP Photo/Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM) ** Usable by LA and DC Only **
‘Star Wars’: George Lucas and Mark Hamill
Dec. 18, 2012 | 8:33 p.m.
- ‘Amazing Spider-Man 2′: Watch New York premiere live at 3 p.m. lat.ms/1ka9BxO 59 minutes ago
- Exciting news! @LATherocomplex Film Festival lineup revealed next week. You won't want to miss it. 1 hour ago
- Bryan Singer bows out of ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ publicity efforts lat.ms/1k9Yhlr 2 hours ago
- Bruce Wayne’s #Batman75 party guests @JimLee @RalphGarman @RealKevinConroy reflect on their adventures with him lat.ms/1lJG4it 3 hours ago
- Peter Jackson renames ‘Hobbit’ finale: ‘Battle of the Five Armies’ lat.ms/1hpV559 4 hours ago
Who’s Behind the Mask?