In this March 1976 publicity photo released by Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM, director, George Lucas, and actor, Mark Hamill, who portrays young Luke Skywalker, are shown on the salt flats of Tunisia during principal photography of the original “Star Wars.” There’s no mistaking the similarities. A childhood on a dusty farm, a love of fast vehicles, a rebel who battles an overpowering empire, George Lucas is the hero he created, Luke Skywalker. (AP Photo/Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM) ** Usable by LA and DC Only **
‘Star Wars': George Lucas and Mark Hamill
Dec. 18, 2012 | 8:33 p.m.
- 2014 Games: There was ugliness, but diversity won lat.ms/1C9e0fl 4 hours ago
- Todd Martens’ best video games of 2014 lat.ms/1C9dXAr 4 hours ago
- ‘Hobbit’: Lee Pace, Richard Armitage salute Peter Jackson’s ‘Battle’ vision lat.ms/1AlwVBw 23 hours ago
- ‘The Hobbit': Peter Jackson, Philippa Boyens on ‘Five Armies’ ending lat.ms/1C7mDEA 1 day ago
- 'Shutter' team @joekeatinge, @leiladelduca chat to @OliverSava about wonderfully weird Image title @LATherocomplex lat.ms/1wQwgFU 1 day ago
Who’s Behind the Mask?