In this March 1976 publicity photo released by Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM, director, George Lucas, and actor, Mark Hamill, who portrays young Luke Skywalker, are shown on the salt flats of Tunisia during principal photography of the original “Star Wars.” There’s no mistaking the similarities. A childhood on a dusty farm, a love of fast vehicles, a rebel who battles an overpowering empire, George Lucas is the hero he created, Luke Skywalker. (AP Photo/Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM) ** Usable by LA and DC Only **
‘Star Wars’: George Lucas and Mark Hamill
Dec. 18, 2012 | 8:33 p.m.
- ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’: Rebekah Isaacs draws out Season 10 lat.ms/1ikzYiG 19 hours ago
- ‘Titanfall’: Xbox One is gunning for next-gen dominance lat.ms/1iil4sY 1 day ago
- From the archives: #300RiseofanEmpire star Rodrigo Santoro on Xerxes' return in 'beautiful sequel' lat.ms/O2VIWD 1 day ago
- ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’: Dave Filoni on Ahsoka’s fate, Master Yoda lat.ms/1dzlICx 1 day ago
- ’300: Rise of an Empire’ director Noam Murro talks operatic approach lat.ms/1dyUSdL 1 day ago
Who’s Behind the Mask?