In this March 1976 publicity photo released by Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM, director, George Lucas, and actor, Mark Hamill, who portrays young Luke Skywalker, are shown on the salt flats of Tunisia during principal photography of the original “Star Wars.” There’s no mistaking the similarities. A childhood on a dusty farm, a love of fast vehicles, a rebel who battles an overpowering empire, George Lucas is the hero he created, Luke Skywalker. (AP Photo/Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM) ** Usable by LA and DC Only **
‘Star Wars': George Lucas and Mark Hamill
Dec. 18, 2012 | 8:33 p.m.
- Channing Tatum ‘X-Men’ spinoff ‘Gambit’ lands ‘RoboCop’ screenwriter lat.ms/1ueGyl7 5 hours ago
- Comikaze lures ‘Thrones’ cast, Batman, cosplayers to downtown L.A. lat.ms/1q9R9GN 9 hours ago
- @MpRodriguez2007 Thanks! 9 hours ago
- Here's to television's scariest clown, courtesy of @AHSFX. Happy Halloween, Twisty (aka @MrJCLynch)! lat.ms/1t5lf3h 9 hours ago
- Some Halloween reading: P. Craig Russell and @neilhimself on the graphic novel adaptation of "The Graveyard Book." lat.ms/1sR9yYG 9 hours ago
Who’s Behind the Mask?