In this March 1976 publicity photo released by Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM, director, George Lucas, and actor, Mark Hamill, who portrays young Luke Skywalker, are shown on the salt flats of Tunisia during principal photography of the original “Star Wars.” There’s no mistaking the similarities. A childhood on a dusty farm, a love of fast vehicles, a rebel who battles an overpowering empire, George Lucas is the hero he created, Luke Skywalker. (AP Photo/Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM) ** Usable by LA and DC Only **
‘Star Wars’: George Lucas and Mark Hamill
Dec. 18, 2012 | 8:33 p.m.
- Gene Wilder dies at 83; 'Willy Wonka' star and Mel Brooks collaborator fw.to/ki4fAgh 38 minutes ago
- RT @latimesmovies: Horror master Sam Raimi recommends a scary film for fans: 'I dare you to watch it!' lat.ms/2bSJgHc 2 days ago
- RT @RudieObias: It looks like the Captain America statue moved to the #barclayscenter. Dope! #marvel #Brooklyn @… instagram.com/p/BJlq_u_BNmo/ 2 days ago
- RT @latimesent: Prepare for the horror role of a lifetime with @darren_bousman's #TheTensionExperience. lat.ms/2bFNXXP https://t.c… 3 days ago
- Step inside Los Angeles' latest immersive haunted house "The Tension Experience: Ascension" fw.to/SN4dMjW https://t.co/3I6zI33nEa 3 days ago
Who’s Behind the Mask?