In this March 1976 publicity photo released by Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM, director, George Lucas, and actor, Mark Hamill, who portrays young Luke Skywalker, are shown on the salt flats of Tunisia during principal photography of the original “Star Wars.” There’s no mistaking the similarities. A childhood on a dusty farm, a love of fast vehicles, a rebel who battles an overpowering empire, George Lucas is the hero he created, Luke Skywalker. (AP Photo/Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM) ** Usable by LA and DC Only **
‘Star Wars': George Lucas and Mark Hamill
Dec. 18, 2012 | 8:33 p.m.
- ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.LD.': Watch Lucy Lawless in season premiere [video] lat.ms/1rmToe6 15 hours ago
- ‘Supergirl’ series flies to CBS in new wave of comic book-inspired TV lat.ms/1sF0VB2 16 hours ago
- ‘Doctor Who': Nick Frost, Michael Troughton to guest star in Christmas special lat.ms/1rm43Wd 19 hours ago
- ‘Deadpool’ set for 2016; ‘Fantastic Four,’ ‘Assassin’s Creed’ delayed lat.ms/1sxTPOW 1 day ago
- ‘Star Wars’ video shows off Millennium Falcon with a Bat-surprise lat.ms/1swmEuX 1 day ago
Who’s Behind the Mask?