‘Ender’s Game’: A new look at Ender and Battle School army logos

Feb. 20, 2013 | 3:17 p.m.
enders 1 Enders Game: A new look at Ender and Battle School army logos

A new still from "Ender's Game" starring Asa Butterfield, right. (Summit Entertainment)

enders game Enders Game: A new look at Ender and Battle School army logos

Harrison Ford and Asa Butterfield in a scene from "Ender's Game," which is due in theaters Nov. 1. (Richard Foreman Jr. / Summit Entertainment)

“Ender’s Game” won’t hit theaters until Nov. 1, but Summit Entertainment has just released new imagery from the movie.

On Wednesday, Summit sent out a new round of images:  A new still from the film features Asa Butterfield, who plays the film’s shy but brilliant hero Ender Wiggin, dressed in the gray uniform of the Battle School. He appears to be chatting cheerfully with his peers in the mess hall while a high-tech glowing scoreboard hovers over the scene.

The company also sent the four army logos from the Battle School — Dragon, Salamander, Rat and Asp. (Click through the gallery to see those.)

This is not the first still from “Ender’s Game” that Summit has released. An  image of Harrison Ford, who plays Col. Hyrum Graff , addressing Butterfield in a futuristic barracks has already been floating around the Internet.

The book came out in 1985, so it took 28 years for this story of a child war genius to come to the big screen. The film is written and directed by Gavin Hood, who directed “Tsotsi” (an Oscar winner for foreign-language film) and “X-Men Origins: Wolverine.”

“Ender’s Game” is the tale of a young boy plucked from his life to join an elite group of children training to fight alien attackers.

The film features actors Abigail Breslin, Viola Davis, Hailee Steinfeld and Ben Kingsley, in addition to Ford and Butterfield.

— Deborah Netburn

Gavin Hood looks to play ‘Ender’s Game’

Orson Scott Card’s game continues with ‘Ender in Exile’

‘Arrow’: Colton Haynes makes the leap from ‘Teen Wolf’ to sidekick

22 Responses to ‘Ender’s Game’: A new look at Ender and Battle School army logos

1. Ender_Guest says:

Ender was bread to be in the position they put him in. He wasn't "plucked" from anything.

2. hector says:

I just read this book a month ago! I had no idea a film was being made of it. I'll look forward to seeing it.

3. Jeff says:

this is total nostalgia..i remember reading these books when i was in middle school.. i always get nervous when good books get made into to movies though i hope they do a good job

4. Guest says:

Very excited, absolutely love this book and I really hope they don't butcher it. I remember the book 'Dune' getting turned into an absolute nightmare. I just hope they can pull it off.

5. Mark says:

I find Orson Scott Card so detestable that I can't fathom seeing this movie under any circumstance.

6. Brett says:

So, maybe I'm just spacey, but was there an "asp" team in the book?

7. Bean says:

I am so excited to see Ender and myself on the big screen! Watch out Buggers, were going to kick your butts!!!

8. Skorrow says:

Ender wasn't bred for military commanding, Bean was bred that way, if you read Ender's Shadow. Ender has too much heart. He just happened to be gifted as well.

9. Salaam says:

It was Valentine who had too much heart. Ender wasperfect because he was in the middle, even though he was a third. I have chill bumps waiting for this movie, ccan’t wait to see Bean in action.

10. GOD says:

bred isnt the correct term he was allowed to be creaated to hopefully get in to battle school, bean wasnt bred for anything he was just a science experiment

11. Sett says:

Wasn't Ender supposed to be something like 5-8 years old in the book? Asa Butterfield must be 15 or so during the filming. I can only hope there isn't some sort of silly teen romance component. Ugh.