LIVE CHAT: Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige answers your questions

Dec. 09, 2010 | 11:59 a.m.

Chris Evans plays Steve Rogers and Hayley Atwell plays Peggy Carter in "Captain America: The First Avenger." (Jay Maidment / Marvel Studios)

Marvel Studios got off the ground (in a big way) with “Iron Man” in 2008. But next year, with “Thor” and “Captain America: The First Avenger,” the Hollywood upstart will attempt to fly to new heights with an unprecedented Hollywood ambition — creating a true “universe” on the screen with interlocking blockbuster franchises and shared continuity. At the middle of this plan is Kevin Feige, the studio’s president and the producer who worked with each director to create this bold new latticework mythology. Now, on Friday at 5 p.m. PT, you can ask Feige direct questions about Marvel’s big dream — and the new trailer for “Thor,” which hits the web one hour before we start the chat.

Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Odin (Anthony Hopkins), and Loki (Tom Hiddleston) in "Thor."

Chris Hemsworth CHAT: Marvel Studios’ Kevin Feige ‘Asgardian speak is appropriately regal’

Branagh fires back after nasty ‘Thor’ rumors

Finding Foster: Natalie Portman on “Thor” role

Anthony Hopkins on the ruthless charm of Odin

Branagh: ‘Thor’ is a ‘different dance’ than ‘Iron Man’

‘X-Men’ director: Hollywood is killing superhero genre

Downey: “Iron Man 2″ was a “a bar-fight” to make

Captain America will be a USO performer in movie

Stark Expo will link ‘Iron Man 2′ and ‘Captain America’

Norton takes the high road: “Hulk is bigger than all of

Comments

38 Responses to LIVE CHAT: Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige answers your questions

1. macca says:

When will we see a teaser trailer for Cap, that's my question.

2. sam says:

When will we see a trailer for Captain America and Thor. Will red skull still survive in modern times?

• comics256 says:

They wouldn´t reveal that. Never in the history they wuld say if Red Skull would live. I want him to and the history of the comics suggest him to but they are not going to tell. I want to know if some Marvel character appears in Thor.

3. Dez says:

Will there be references to Protocide and Isaiah Bradley (the black Captain America) in the Cap movie?

4. Dion b. says:

when is the marvel animated mangas comin out .moon knight /punisher/blade /daredevil marvel knights tuff and gritty .. .any side marvel projects like runaways or supreme power =black panther or luke cage we need more black heroes .when do we get 2 see the spidey /x-men 1st class/ghost rider 2 trailers or official pics .we want more always more from the house of ideas.

5. luca says:

when is marvel going to get all the rights for the other characters back? 'cause it's not the marvel universe without characters like spiderman, the x-men, deadpool, daredevil etc..

6. ilcinefumettaroscrive says:

My question is: we will see a new Punisher's movie now that the character is on the rooftop of Marvel Studios or mr. Feige wants bring the character into some of these crossover movies, like Avengers?

7. ilcinefumettaroscrive says:

When will see Punisher's come-back in Marvel Cinematography Universe?

8. RyanMarvel says:

The Main thing i want to know is.. Why doesnt Marvel Studios just take rights for Deadpool away from Fox, Get Ryan Reynolds, Get the Script that is already written and Just make a movie. That we all know will be one of the best Marvel Movies?

9. Hilmar Rueter says:

Hi there mr Feige, i dont realy understand how this works so i am writing here. My name is hilmar and here in Berlin, Germany it is almost 02:00 in the morning, First i want to say i am reading marvel comics since my childhood and i still like it the most of all comics. Now i have some simple questions:
    1.) When will you start shooting the Deadpool Movie with Ryan Reynolds? Its sad that he is also the green lantern now, but as a Big Deadpool Fan, i must say, that he is the best choice. (in Wolverine Origin, he did great befor the weapon X programm,… the deadpool at the end… well.. i think you heared that often enough).. that way i come to the next question…
    2.) I am so glad that the movie technology has gone so far that comic movies are possible now, but why they not allways stay close to the comics whcih we love so much? Why are the Xmen Suits black, when Daredevil and Spiderman got their very cool Closetocomic suits? Why you choosed to take a much younger version of Rogue for the xmen movies instead of taking Jubilee, which would be much beter as wolverines protective? i am pressing my thumbs that the next movies will be closer to our beloved comics.
    3.) soon the Dc Universe online game will start. I thing the company who made Champions Online would have made a great Marvel Universe Online game. Will there be a online game where we can design our own marvel heroes, soon or not? I understand that the market is too full of mmorpgs but i also want to say that you can do a much better game as the Dc version.
    4. ) Last i would thank you for all the great Comics (except the Ultimate series ;-) .. your heroes and Stories are as great as your designers, painters, creators and inkers are. Stay that way. Even when we are getting old, falty and lazy .. we are still there and reading your works. Thanks Hilmar (Wade Wilson) Rueter, vorm Berlin Germany!

ps: is there a email adress where you want tips for the upcomic deadpool movie, or would that be to much junk to read.

10. Dechiriko says:

Will you still consider the events and actors other than Edward Norton from The Incredible Hulk in the Marvel movie timeline?

11. tangangot says:

when will we see a green arrow and wonder woman movies?

12. Fluffyman says:

any chance of a hawkeye movie

13. THE GREAT ONE says:

what uppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh THOR RULESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Stuart Green says:

My question would've been "what year can we expect a sequel to 'The Incredible Hulk'"?

15. SkylerMystwood says:

My biggest question is, "When the current actor's multi-picture contracts expire, will they be recast if the don't resign? Or can some live on simply through CGI and voice-over work at least?"

16. Sheena says:

When the trailers are coming out for Captain America and Thor

17. AdrianLA says:

How about this for a future cinematic epic.. Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars… based on the original comic series… Heroes teaming up to fight against against super villains on some far away planet.. I know budget would be an issue.. but BOY would that get a lot of fans in the theaters…

18. AmbroseKalifornia says:

MAN!! I missed it!!1!

19. ROY CHARCA says:

i wished to see Dolph Lundgren playing the punisher once again THE LATEST MOVIES WITH NEW ACTORS WERE KIND OF UNNOTICED (SINCE MY POINT OF VIEW)

I PUT THE TRAILER HERE

20. RON CORLESS says:

Isn't a movie based on Guardians of the Galaxy in development? I heard Feuge wants to a Marvel Cosmic movie set in the far reaches of space. Feige should do Guardians of the Galaxy as well as Captain Marvel,Nova,Adam Walock and even Rom Spaceknight.

21. CoreyJohn says:

Captain America and Thor are staged to ruin the great Ironman character that Downey Jr nailed as an actor. The costume designs for Thor look terrible. Thor is a stupid character to begin with. Captain America is also a stupid character. They are both cheesy and unimaginative creatures. Not the best work from Marvel. Continue with Wolverine and Ironman. This remake of Spiderman better come through as a solid film. Venom's character was butchered in Spiderman 3 with terrible casting. I hope to see a great Deadpool film as well. Green Lantern is another lame character and that movie can suck it too, but who cares about DC comics anyway. Batman was the only good thing that came from DC. I want to see some Image comic characters in film! Pit would be great as well as a remake of Spawn. By the way my opinions are the greatest in the world, so whoever disagrees with anything I say has poor taste and judgment. That's right.

• Legendary says:

Uhm, you're not very bright, are you?

• CoreyJohn says:

Be more specific. There's a lot of disrespectful silliness in my rant above. I suppose I could have acknowledged the well known success of characters like Thor and Captain America. I just don't like them. I can sit here all day and make fun of all your favorite super heroes and explain to you in detail why they're so lame. I will admit that after seeing a 3D animation advertisement for DC comics that was created by Blur studios, I was entertained by their dark portrayal of Superman and the dramatic violence involved in the promo. Way to make me enjoy the ambiguously gay Superman for the first time in my life, Blur. Nice job! Check it out.

22. Legendary says:

When can we expect a Daredevil reboot?

23. darrrrrrrrrrrdfddf says:

kevin. please can we see a daredevil series if or not the reboot wil do well at the box office and also in the film introduce owl, jester and bullet plus call nolan or bay to diect the flick cause these two make alot of money,and also introduce the black panther and the silver sufrer to people who haven't heard of them(''kev'if possible can the sufrer be shot in 3D and imax cause that will give marvel a huge global perpecstive on their caharacters and products,plus the silver surfer could launch other scifi marvel pictures like guardians of the galaxy, warlock and spaceknights.

''into series thunderbolts, nova, moon knight,daredevil and ms.marvel

24. CoreyJohn says:

Hey Kevin,
    I agree with the Daredevil fan above about diving back into The Silver Surfer on screen. He's one of the top 5 coolest characters Marvel created and it would be excellent to see a film based around him. Also, can you please revive X-Men's greatness with a film depicting the story of the Brood series that was illustrated by Jim Lee? Ghost Rider's appearance fighting along side Wolverine was top notch! It would be exciting to see on film.

25. Thanks a lot for providing individuals with an extraordinarily marvellous opportunity to read from this blog. It’s always very useful plus jam-packed with amusement for me personally and my office fellow workers to visit the blog nearly three times per week to read the new guidance you will have. Not to mention, I’m just always pleased with your eye-popping principles you give. Certain 2 areas in this posting are truly the most efficient we have all ever had.

26. Moira says:

Hello .I love you all. The Avengers. Ironman. I like Ironman I like his movies. He soo Hot I love Tony. I love Steve rogers. Poor steve rogers. He been a good hero. Now he zero. I called zreoman. ZM. But me i Don't want to look down. Afard I 'll Fall. Who ironman Save me.I love good bit song.One tin soilders. Goes like this.Listen people to a story that was writen Chours.

27. Moira says:

Hi How Are you doing?I love comics I love be in the comics. Star in my own movie. I love the way they create theses.With all that money. I was rick and fames. Like batman. Superman said It's time back to work. Iam Very bussy man. Giving Oders. Flash Bru.I Can't spell. I get in to show bunesses. I don't my lines.Alien MAnhunter, Live on mars. The Planet Aliens. IS Theri life o0n mars or anyway?V Movie. War Of The Worlds. Their Not superheros.

28. Robsob says:

sou fã dos filmes da marvel aqui no brasil ta fazendo muito sucesso thor e capitão america continuem assim fazendo essas filmaços pra gente to no aguarde dos vingadores

29. robson says:

sou fã de vocês que fazem esses filmes o brasil adora vocês

30. Drew Jeffries says:

What year did Professor Charles Xavier sarted X-Men?

31. Drew Jeffries says:

What year did Professor Charles Xavier started the X-Men?

32. steven says:

how can i tell if my 1st edition of the beano 1938 is real or fake ??

33. benny garza says:

Why doesn't marvel studios go beyond what we see here in america and head overseas. i don't know about you guys but i would actually like to see the world come up with their own marvel projects (Example: The BBC could work on captain britain, the russian actors who were in the darkest hour could do something with red guardian. and so on and so on….)