‘Harry Potter’ countdown: Dan Radcliffe ‘desperate’ for fans to see ‘Hallows’

Oct. 26, 2010 | 5:26 a.m.

A MONTH OF MAGIC: Hero Complex is counting down to the Nov. 19 release of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1” — the penultimate film in the history-making “Potter” franchise — with exclusive interviews, photos, videos and reports from the set. Today’s post: Dan Radcliffe explains his excitement about the new projecthpdh1 06621cblog Harry Potter countdown: Dan Radcliffe desperate for fans to see HallowsIf you’re desperate to see “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1,” you’re not the only one. Meet Daniel Radcliffe, a “Potter” fan who had an emotional response to the “Hallows” trailer and someone counting down the days to the film’s New York premiere and Nov. 19 release.

“When I saw the trailer I almost wept. I was so happy,” Radcliffe said in a recent phone interview.

“When you’re on a film for that long, shooting for months and months, you forget half of what you’ve done and you lose sight of it all,” Radcliffe said. “It’s such a long process that you start to worry and wonder if what you’ve done is going to meet expectations. Sometimes you lose sight.  You don’t know what you’ve done and what you’ve got. That’s where I was when I saw the trailer. I saw it and I went, ‘Oh God, it’s going to be great. We’ve done it. We’ve done well and it’s going to be great.’ It was such a joyous moment. They showed it to us on the last day [of principal photography in June] and we were just thrilled. We let out this amazing cheer.  I’m like everybody else now: I’m desperate to see the film. And I’m desperate for fans to see what we’ve done.”

— Geoff Boucher

hp7 action harry dom2 Harry Potter countdown: Dan Radcliffe desperate for fans to see Hallows

Radcliffe on his tearful final day on ‘Potter’ set

Tom Felton: The last two films will not disappoint

Stephen King: Rowling is talented, Meyer can’t write

‘Hallows’ wedding is franchise’s last festive moment

Radcliffe vamps for “Simpsons” spoof of “Twilight”

Radcliffe apologizes for Comic-Con ‘non-presence’

‘Potter’ fans disappointed by Comic-Con panel

Tom Felton already misses ‘Potter’

RARE PHOTO: The day Radcliffe met Grint…

Gambon sees ‘no point’ in reading Rowling’s books

Comments

11 Responses to ‘Harry Potter’ countdown: Dan Radcliffe ‘desperate’ for fans to see ‘Hallows’

1. MarlinMorales says:

I'm just glad that someone enjoys what they're doing. There're probably some actors who are secretly only in it for the publicity. And unless Radcliffe is just telling people what they want to hear, it's good that someone just cares about the story. I'm dying to see the film also—it's weird and kinda scary that it's all almost over….

2. Celia says:

I'm SO excited to see this movie!!! I don't blame Dan for losing sight, because they filmed these last two movies for 17 MONTHS! That's an insane amount of time, but I'm so happy that they SO dedicated to making these movies as PERFECT as they can get them. It's really reassuring to all the fans and we love them for it!

3. Swati says:

Just desperate to see the movie… The trailers are really great.. Hope these two doesn’t disappoint the huge fan following..

4. yotcha says:

WHERE is the NYC premiere !???? Which Theater ???? We went to the Half Blood Prince premiere and we have every intention of going to tis one …. can anyone help with info???? thank you!!!!

5. Nancy Cochrane says:

WOW!!! I am so excited to see Deathly Hallows Part 1, Deathly Hallows was my favorite book!! because we get to see Voldemort destroyed, along with Bellatrix, and Most of the Death Eaters, and definately Firrir Greyback!!!! I know it had to be hard for Dan because all of these actors and actresses have worked together for so long doing all of these Movies!!!!

6. Liza Das says:

well hopin the characters do justice to the expectations of itz fans and especially HP readers

the books were awesome nd thatz what we expect from the movies

can’t wait for 19th of november

7. Shelley says:

After reading all the books and the movies multiple times. I can't help but be excited to see the next two I only wish we didn't have to wait for part 2, but waiting is part of the fun. It's been wonderful to see the kids grow up into young adults and all the interviews I've seen they all seem pretty grounded! I think they have been very lucky to have such a great cast! I LOVE Alan Rickman amoung others! I read Deathly Hallows when it first came out and I'm not going to read it again
    until after I've seen both movies! Heck I even got my 69 year old mother into the whole experience! So I've already been getting a crew of family and friends to attend the first movie on Nov 19th!
    I can't wait for the day! If anyone reading this is in Cincinnati, Ohio send me a response and join the party!

8. Mapha says:

My favorite book and I'm desperate as well to see it!
    for the first time I'm happy that I'm portuguese! the release here is 18Nov! and I already have a ticket!

9. radka says:

hi sombody
    please help me long tim im looking email of Daniel Radcliffe can me writte me please his email? Radka my name, writte me please sombody his email or number.