It’s a story only a nerd — of a certain variety — could love: 10 pounds of marijuana delivered to a Seattle Kmart.
A Seattle Police Department blog Thursday revealed that officers had seized a “big package of pot” earlier this week. And showing that the men in blue have a sense of humor, too, the title of the post was: “Today’s Blue Light Special: 10 Pounds of Weed.”
On Monday, Kmart workers informed police that the pot was wrapped in garbage bags, packing peanuts and “cleaning-fluid-soaked pages from a Korean newspaper.” So how did it get to Kmart? Police said the box of pot was sent via UPS and was intended for an undisclosed Philadelphia address (a Target, possibly?).
But the package didn’t make it, and UPS delivered it to the listed return address — which, for reasons unexplained, was the Seattle Kmart. Very odd.
Police continue to investigate the marijuana mystery.
In the spirit of this story, here are the top 5 stoner movies from NerdSociety.com. (Be warned: The post contains some rude and crude language, courtesy of the stoner-film scripts):
5. “Friday” — the film features Ice Cube and Chris Tucker as Craig and Smokey, hanging out on their porch on a crazy Friday afternoon. As Nerd Society notes, the film features comedy stalwarts John Witherspoon and “the late, great Bernie Mac.”
4. “Cheech & Chong: Up in Smoke” — the classic stoner film in which the pair smuggle a van made entirely of marijuana from Mexico to L.A.
3. “Fast Times at Ridgemont High” — two words: Sean. Penn. Here’s a Penn role that will likely continue to reign as “Gangster Squad” fades from memory.
2. “Half Baked” — Dave Chapelle’s first starring role was in the stoner cult film.
1. “Dazed and Confused” — One of Quentin Tarantino’s favorite films, its cast included upcoming big names such as Matthew McConaughey, Ben Affleck and Milla Jovovich.
— Amy Hubbard