‘Real Steel’: See an early (and free) IMAX screening Oct. 3

Sept. 22, 2011 | 7:58 a.m.

Charlie Kenton, played by Hugh Jackman, trains his star robot boxer Atom in a scene from "Real Steel." (DreamWorks)

“Real Steel” arrives in theaters Oct. 7 but our readers can see it early and see it for free as part of the Hero Complex IMAX screening series.

Our screening of “Real Steel” — which stars Hugh Jackman in a futuristic tale that is adrenaline-intense but also surprisingly heartfelt – is at 7:30 p.m. on Oct. 3 at Universal Citywalk Stadium 19. Hero Complex lead writer Geoff Boucher will interview director Shawn Levy on stage after the film.

You can find all of the details and sign up right here.

To find out first about our special events and other films that will be featured in the Hero Complex IMAX Screening Series, follow us on Twitter: @LATherocomplex

– Noelene Clark

Has Shawn Levy made a robot film with heart?

‘Real Steel’: MMA with robots

LaBeouf on Megan Fox leaving ‘Transformers’

Hugh Jackman talks ‘Real Steel’ at Comic-Con

Jackman gets back in the ring with ‘Real Steel’

Jackman ‘really pumped’ for 2nd ‘Wolverine’

Jackman: There’s a lot of Mike Tyson in Wolverine

Bay: ‘Transformers 2′ was ‘kind of a mess’

‘X-Men’ director: Hollywood is killing superhero genre

Favreau: The reason I’m leaving ‘Iron Man’ series

Comments

7 Responses to ‘Real Steel’: See an early (and free) IMAX screening Oct. 3

1. geraldine says:

Thanks for all the great screenings my friends and I really enjoy them ….can't wait for this one !!!!

2. Frank Stevens says:

I was a background performer on Real Steel and let me tell you it was a wonderful experience. Hugh Jackman is a great guy to work with! I hope to get to ask him if he remembers the doctor in front of the Ingham County Texas Courthouse…lol

3. ahmed says:

ilike that

4. Andrew H. says:

Hi, I signed up for this screening but the email I was sent regarding a parking pass the images (barcode) doesn't show, any idea how I can get this fixed? Thanks for any info.

5. Big Mike says:

Just came home from the Real Steel screening. Such a fun movie. I totally enjoyed it and enjoyed the Q&A with Shawn Levy and Evangeline Lily. Great job Hero Complex and thanks for the screening. Well organize too. Can't wait for the next screening.

6. Darin says:

I had an awesome time tonight at the Real Steel screening. I loved it, awesome movie I definitely recommend. It was my first, and definitely not my last Hero Complex event I will be attending. Good job to everyone involved

7. Delton says:

Why couldn’t it be named after the kid game, Rockum Sockum Robots?