London-born actor Benedict Cumberbatch, best known for his role as Sherlock Holmes on the popular BBC show, will portray the villain in the sequel to J.J. Abrams’ 2009 “Star Trek” film. (Rick Loomis / Los Angeles Times)
May 08, 2012 | 12:43 p.m.
- Halloween read: P. Craig Russell takes on Gaimain’s ‘Graveyard Book’ lat.ms/1ud726p 1 hour ago
- ‘Hunger Games: Mockingjay’ director warns Katniss is ‘very alone’ lat.ms/1q8BYxN 2 hours ago
- ‘Hobbit': Peter Jackson promises thrilling finale with ‘Five Armies’ lat.ms/1q8ejxq 4 hours ago
- Clive Barker on ‘Nightbreed’: ‘Where there are monsters, I feel home’ lat.ms/13o83N9 16 hours ago
- ‘Alien': Neil Marshall praises Ridley Scott’s sci-fi classic [guest essay] lat.ms/13mn5D8 22 hours ago
Who’s Behind the Mask?