London-born actor Benedict Cumberbatch, best known for his role as Sherlock Holmes on the popular BBC show, will portray the villain in the sequel to J.J. Abrams’ 2009 “Star Trek” film. (Rick Loomis / Los Angeles Times)
May 08, 2012 | 12:43 p.m.
- ‘A.K.A. Jessica Jones': Marvel casts Rachael Taylor in Netflix series lat.ms/1Kdd49y 20 hours ago
- Arnold Schwarzenegger is back in ‘Terminator Genisys’ Super Bowl spot lat.ms/1HlmNyi 1 day ago
- ‘Supergirl': Mehcad Brooks to play Jimmy Olsen in CBS drama lat.ms/1KbrRl2 1 day ago
- ‘Tales from Earthsea,’ ‘Porco Rosso,’ ‘Pom Poko’ out on Blu-ray Feb. 3 lat.ms/1HkoHzk 1 day ago
- ‘The Goon: Once Upon a Hard Time': Eric Powell nears a hard-hitting end lat.ms/1KaJema 1 day ago
Who’s Behind the Mask?