London-born actor Benedict Cumberbatch, best known for his role as Sherlock Holmes on the popular BBC show, will portray the villain in the sequel to J.J. Abrams’ 2009 “Star Trek” film. (Rick Loomis / Los Angeles Times)
May 08, 2012 | 12:43 p.m.
- ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.LD.': Watch Lucy Lawless in season premiere [video] lat.ms/1rmToe6 7 hours ago
- ‘Supergirl’ series flies to CBS in new wave of comic book-inspired TV lat.ms/1sF0VB2 8 hours ago
- ‘Doctor Who': Nick Frost, Michael Troughton to guest star in Christmas special lat.ms/1rm43Wd 10 hours ago
- ‘Deadpool’ set for 2016; ‘Fantastic Four,’ ‘Assassin’s Creed’ delayed lat.ms/1sxTPOW 1 day ago
- ‘Star Wars’ video shows off Millennium Falcon with a Bat-surprise lat.ms/1swmEuX 1 day ago
Who’s Behind the Mask?