‘Wreck-It Ralph’ trailer: Sonic, Bowser and Q*bert make cameos

Sept. 13, 2012 | 1:43 p.m.

A new theatrical trailer for “Wreck-It Ralph” reveals more of the film’s richly designed video game universe, as well as cameos from classic arcade characters, including Sonic the Hedgehog and Mario antagonist Bowser.

The Walt Disney film, due out Nov. 2, follows Ralph (John C. Reilly), the bad guy in a fictional 8-bit arcade game called “Fix-It Felix.” Tired of being the villain and being constantly overshadowed by good-guy hero Felix (voiced by “30 Rock’s” Jack McBrayer), Ralph begins a quest across the arcade to become the hero of his own story. But his decision to defy his programming wreaks havoc in the video game world.

Directed by Rich Moore (“Futurama” and “The Simpsons”), the animated movie also features the voice talents of Jane Lynch, who puts her trademark “Glee” sass to good work as Sergeant Calhoun in a shooter game called Hero’s Duty, and Sarah Silverman as candy-coated Vanellope von Schweetz, who is technically a glitch in a cart-racing game called Sugar Rush.

The trailer teases some humorous moments, including a meeting of “Bad-Anon” — a video game villains therapy group. During the meeting, Ralph gets some advice from Street Fighter’s hairy-chested Zangief, and Bowser, Dr. Robotnik, M. Bison and a Pac-Man ghost are in attendance. The evildoers join hands and voices for the Bad-Guy Affirmation:

“I am bad, and that’s good,” they chant. “I will never be good, and that’s not bad. There’s no one I’d rather be than me.”

The trailer also reveals cameos by a handful of classic video game characters, including Q*bert, Sonic the Hedgehog, Dig Dug and the bartender from Tapper.

– Noelene Clark

frankenweenie Wreck It Ralph trailer: Sonic, Bowser and Q*bert make cameos

Tim Burton relives nightmares with ‘Frankenweenie’

Comments

11 Responses to ‘Wreck-It Ralph’ trailer: Sonic, Bowser and Q*bert make cameos

1. SonicForever says:

GO SONIC!

2. SonicRULZ says:

YAY! Sonic is awesome! I can't wait to see this one. YAY! A movie feturing all of my favourite video game characters! But more importantly, SONIC!

3. SonicGirl4Ever says:

SONIC! :DDDDDD Can't wait to see this epic movie!

4. Ralph says:

Sonic… Bowser…. Dr. Eggman… Q*bert… oh yeah i'm seeing it definitely

5. 90sonicFan says:

OMIGOD!!!!!!!!!! I LOV SONIC SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!! IM DIEING TO SEE THE MOVIE!!!!! I TOTALLY DIG HIM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Kirby says:

Everyone wants to see Sonic. They'd better give him a pretty good role in this movie.

7. gladiate says:

nothing more for sonic but a line and about 20 secs… he deserves way more

8. kids games says:

It’s the best time to make some plans for the long run and it’s time to be happy. I have learn this submit and if I may just I want to counsel you some interesting issues or suggestions. Maybe you can write subsequent articles regarding this article. I desire to learn even more issues approximately it!