Paramount

July 29, 2014 | 7:40 p.m.

‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ poster withdrawn over 9/11 concerns

Paramount Pictures Australia is apologizing for and immediately discontinuing a poster from the upcoming “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” film that contains an image reminiscent of the Sept. 11, 2001, tragedy. On the Australia poster, the four hero turtles are shown jumping out of an exploding skyscraper with the Australia release date of Sept. 11 in red lettering below. “We are deeply sorry to have used that artwork for the marketing materials promoting the September 11 opening in Australia,” said Tom Roache, head of publicity for Paramount Pictures Australia, in an email. “Combining that image and date was a mistake. We intended no offense and have taken immediate action to discontinue its use.” The skateboarding heroes, created by Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird in the early 1980s, were made famous in the animated TV series that ran from 1987 to 1996. […]
July 24, 2014 | 6:27 p.m.

Comic-Con: ‘Interstellar’s’ Nolan, McConaughey make surprise showing

Christopher Nolan and Matthew McConaughey
With this year’s Comic-Con feeling relatively light on huge tent pole movies compared with recent years, Hollywood observers wondered in the run-up to the convention whether the studios had any surprises up their collective sleeves. In its Hall H presentation, Paramount offered two fairly big ones in the forms of actor Matthew McConaughey and director Christopher Nolan, who took the stage to offer an early look at Nolan’s upcoming sci-fi epic “Interstellar.” FULL COVERAGE: Comic-Con 2014 Despite his fanboy-fave pedigree thanks to films like “Inception” and the “Dark Knight” trilogy, Nolan had never actually attended Comic-Con before. “I’ve heard a lot about this really being a place where people are most passionate about movies and popular culture in general, so I thought I’d come see what all the fuss is about,” he said. “I’m not disappointed and I’m extremely honored to be here.” Making his own first Comic-Con appearance, McConaughey […]
April 14, 2014 | 10:47 a.m.

‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ TV spot reveals glimpse of Splinter

“Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” fans got a look at some new scenes from the upcoming summer film during Sunday’s MTV Movie Awards. The latest TV spot offers a first look at the turtles’ trainer, Master Splinter. The teaser opens with an action montage with several scenes already featured in last month’s trailer, an action-packed preview that showed the heroes in a half shell facing off against baddies in the subway and body surfing down a snowy mountain. The TV spot (watch it below) also revealed several new scenes, including Raphael punching out a hooded thug, Donatello (Jeremy Howard) wearing one of his trademark inventions and one of the turtles launching off a cliff on some sort of rocket-propelled skateboard. Meanwhile, a voiceover narrates: “You live, you die, you fight as brothers. Remember, nothing is as strong as family.” The new […]
April 14, 2014 | 6:30 a.m.

‘Transformers: Age of Extinction’: New TV spot for Michael Bay epic

Actor Mark Wahlberg received the MTV Generation Award at Sunday’s MTV Movie Awards, and during the telecast, Paramount revealed a new TV spot from the actor’s upcoming blockbuster, “Transformers: Age of Extinction,” which sees him join up with Michael Bay’s hit franchise. Written by Ehren Kruger and directed by Bay, “Transformers: Age of Extinction” stars Wahlberg as mechanic Cade Yeagar, a father and everyman who becomes embroiled in the high-stakes action that ensues when warring tribes of alien robots duke it out here on planet Earth. The latest installment, set to open in theaters June 27, introduces Dinobots into the mix. In a 2012 interview with Hero Complex, Bay talked openly about his plans for a fourth “Transformers” movie, saying at the time that it “absolutely” will be his last. “Here’s the thing,” Bay said at the time, “it’s tough to […]
Dec. 06, 2013 | 6:01 p.m.

‘Star Trek 3′ recruits screenwriters Payne, McKay to join Orci

Zachary Quinto and Chris Pine in "Star Trek Into Darkness." (Zade Rosenthal/Paramount)
Screenwriters J.D. Payne and Patrick McKay have been hired to join Roberto Orci in penning the next installment in the “Star Trek” film franchise. The as-yet-untitled sequel has no release date, and no director set, though rumors have suggested the job could go to Joe Cornish (“Attack the Block”). By this point, Orci is a “Trek” veteran, having written the scripts (with Alex Kurtzman and then Kurtzman and Damon Lindelof) for the previous two movies in Paramount’s rebooted series that were directed by J.J. Abrams, 2009′s “Star Trek” and this past summer’s “Star Trek Into Darkness.” The recent movie prospered at the box office, earning more than $444 million worldwide after opening to mostly positive reviews in May, though many fans groused about the veil of secrecy that surrounded the villain who was played by Benedict Cumberbatch, a character first […]
Close
E-mail It
Powered by ShareThis