Otto Binder, who had written “Captain Marvel” (Shazam) comics, took a swing at penning an Avengers novel with “The Avengers Battle the Earth-Wrecker.” The paperback by Bantam Books came even as Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four were the real stars at Marvel, but the book itself seems to have garnered some good reviews despite its lack of popularity or ability to spawn sequels.
The Avengers, in prose (1967)
Oct. 02, 2013 | 7:40 p.m.
- #StarTrekDiscovery marks a welcome return to TV and upholds the legacy of the famed space drama… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 22 hours ago
- RT @latimesent: Netflix releases the first trailer for "The Punisher" with Jon Bernthal returning as Frank Castle fw.to/YWLXeME h… 5 days ago
- RT @jenyamato: Bonus: A special #mothermovie chat w/ @JustinCChang even though he failed to point out my cataclysmic hair situation https:/… 5 days ago
- The #Riverdale folks are developing a DARK Sabrina the Teenage Witch with hints of Rosemary's Baby and The Exorcist… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago
- James Cameron brings Linda Hamilton back to the 'Terminator' franchise but snubs 'Wonder Woman'... again… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago
Who’s Behind the Mask?