Otto Binder, who had written “Captain Marvel” (Shazam) comics, took a swing at penning an Avengers novel with “The Avengers Battle the Earth-Wrecker.” The paperback by Bantam Books came even as Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four were the real stars at Marvel, but the book itself seems to have garnered some good reviews despite its lack of popularity or ability to spawn sequels.
The Avengers, in prose (1967)
Oct. 02, 2013 | 7:40 p.m.
- C.B. Cebulski has been named Marvel's new editor-in-chief fw.to/AWbbEzO 2 days ago
- RT @latimesent: Lois Smith finds the human element in her sci-fi "Marjorie Prime" role lat.ms/2hABk3X https://t.co/sMwahAic4Q 5 days ago
- RT @Michael_Cho: One more sketch from @fanexpovan last weekend - Batgirl in ink and Dr. Martin dyes. https://t.co/FUKLaqBgSr 5 days ago
- RT @abrahamjoseph: Just in: DC/WB have fired Eddie Berganza in the wake of Friday’s allegations of sexual misconduct. Statement below: http… 6 days ago
- RT @DanielNMiller: Why Gal Gadot's reported ultimatum to Warner Bros. over Brett Ratner's involvement in “Wonder Woman 2” is likely moot (… 6 days ago
Who’s Behind the Mask?