Otto Binder, who had written “Captain Marvel” (Shazam) comics, took a swing at penning an Avengers novel with “The Avengers Battle the Earth-Wrecker.” The paperback by Bantam Books came even as Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four were the real stars at Marvel, but the book itself seems to have garnered some good reviews despite its lack of popularity or ability to spawn sequels.
The Avengers, in prose (1967)
Oct. 02, 2013 | 7:40 p.m.
- RT @latimesent: .@KarenGillan on how her @Guardians role as Nebula expanded: "I was supposed to do 8 days of filming and that was going to… 7 hours ago
- #Westworld Season 2 is "very much about the revolution and about the oppressed coming to take their power back" --E… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- The new #JurassicWorld: Fallen Kingdom trailer shows that no bedroom is safe from the Jurassic menace… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- DC Entertainment's Dan DiDio and Jim Lee talk about redefining Superman at 80 lat.ms/2qILbW9 #Superman80… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Cathy Yan has been tapped to direct #HarleyQuinn spinoff movie, making her the first Asian woman to helm a #DCEU fi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
Who’s Behind the Mask?