Otto Binder, who had written “Captain Marvel” (Shazam) comics, took a swing at penning an Avengers novel with “The Avengers Battle the Earth-Wrecker.” The paperback by Bantam Books came even as Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four were the real stars at Marvel, but the book itself seems to have garnered some good reviews despite its lack of popularity or ability to spawn sequels.
The Avengers, in prose (1967)
Oct. 02, 2013 | 7:40 p.m.
- Chris Hardwick wiped from Nerdist website amid abuse accusations lat.ms/2tcFmBz 2 days ago
- Here's the first look at Allison Janney's #DuckTales debut as Goldie O’Gilt. Watch the clip: lat.ms/2HSkAMP https://t.co/UguwUc2BKX 2 days ago
- #Incredibles2 is the superhero family saga we need right now. lat.ms/2JNynZZ https://t.co/MvfIbyd470 3 days ago
- "Game of Thrones" and "Westworld" are skipping #SDCC this year lat.ms/2JC6tRs https://t.co/Nao55xvXM9 3 days ago
- Chris Pine is back as Steve Trevor in first images from #WonderWoman 84 lat.ms/2MpBTbB #WW84 https://t.co/V0HSF0Tx7k 4 days ago
Who’s Behind the Mask?