In Avengers #48, the Avengers mistakenly attack the new Black Knight, nephew of the supervillain Black Knight they had previously battled. (Both Black Knights are descendants of a medieval character from Atlas Comics, successor to Timely Comics and predecessor to Marvel, in the 1950s). After appearances assisting the team, the Black Knight eventually joins in Avengers #71. (Marvel Comics)
The Black Knight is reborn (January 1968)
Sept. 06, 2013 | 1:30 a.m.
- ‘Marvels & Monsters’ exhibit explores comics’ portrayal of Asians lat.ms/IUkCFo 13 hours ago
- ‘JLA’ 10 preview: Stargirl, meet the world of ‘Forever Evil’ lat.ms/ISn9A1 1 day ago
- ‘Star Trek 3′ recruits screenwriters Payne, McKay to join Orci lat.ms/IQnmDG 2 days ago
- ‘X-Men Apocalypse’: Bryan Singer announces 2016 mutant sequel lat.ms/ISJz4z 3 days ago
- Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman: Comics world reacts on Twitter lat.ms/ILiobl 3 days ago
Who’s Behind the Mask?