A sample of the indestructible metal, inadvertently created by scientist Dr. Myron MacLain (Henry Pym in disguise), is stolen from S.H.I.E.L.D. by the Vision. Due to hidden code in his programming, the Vision has stolen the metal to rebuild Ultron (Ultron-6 in this incarnation). Adamantium would become more famous in the Marvel Universe as the metal coating Wolverine’s skeleton. (Marvel)
First appearance of the alloy Adamantium (July 1969)
Sept. 06, 2013 | 1:30 a.m.
- ‘Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug’: Ian McKellen quotes Tolkien [video] lat.ms/JbYXZz 1 hour ago
- ‘Hobbit’ star Luke Evans talks ‘Smaug’: ‘It’s better than the first one’ lat.ms/JbGbBz 2 hours ago
- ‘The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug’: Philippa Boyens talks Tauriel lat.ms/J7MPbX 22 hours ago
- ‘Edge of Tomorrow’ trailer: Tom Cruise reborn on sci-fi battlefield lat.ms/JfarMo 1 day ago
- ‘Doctor Who’ Christmas special trailer, images show aliens galore lat.ms/J6OTRo 1 day ago
Who’s Behind the Mask?