Avengers #88 featured a two-part story from Harlan Ellison, adapted by Roy Thomas. An incapacitated Hulk is transported to an island by Psyklop, a member of an insect-like race that dominated Earth in prehistoric times. The story continues in Hulk #140. The noted science-fiction author, screenwriter and television writer (“Star Trek”, “The Outer Limits”) also wrote the story for Avengers #101. (Marvel)
Harlan Ellison pens an Avengers tale (May 1971)
Sept. 06, 2013 | 1:30 a.m.
- ‘Legend of Hercules’ trailer: Kellan Lutz goes gladiator lat.ms/JcOEUW 4 hours ago
- Christopher Lee talks ‘Hobbit,’ ‘Wicker Man’ in new Christmas video lat.ms/JklOTh 5 hours ago
- Batman casting: Josh Brolin ready for Ben Affleck as caped crusader lat.ms/Jk6FRS 7 hours ago
- Sage Stossel’s ‘Starling’ juggles superheroics, ordinary life lat.ms/JcgJfe 7 hours ago
- ‘Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug’: Ian McKellen quotes Tolkien [video] lat.ms/JbYXZz 9 hours ago
Who’s Behind the Mask?