‘Caprica’ wiped out: Syfy cancels planet before Cylons get chance

Oct. 27, 2010 | 5:34 p.m.

At our sister blog, Show Tracker, Hero Complex stalwart  Jevon Phillips tolls the bell for “Caprica,” a series that aspired to be “Dallas” in space but ended up as the “FlashForward” of cable. Here’s an excerpt..

caprica moralesstoltz gal 2 Caprica wiped out: Syfy cancels planet before Cylons get chanceAs a prequel spinoff, “Caprica” has tried in vain to capture the imagination of both new viewers and “Battlestar Galactica” stalwarts — but its journey toward the first Cylon war has been cut short. Syfy has decided not to renew the series for a second season, cutting short the possibility of seeing how Cylons get to fully develop (at least in this series). The recently announced “Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome” will have to carry on the storyline….

THERE’S MORE, READ THE REST

– Jevon Phillips

cylon1 Caprica wiped out: Syfy cancels planet before Cylons get chance

Meet the mystery woman of “Blood & Chrome”

“Chrome” takes Adama on secret mission

Eick, “Caprica” and tequila shots at Comic-Con

Starbuck speaks! Sackhoff on the end of “BSG”

VIDEO: “BSG” panel with Olmos & McDonnell

So say we all: The cast party for “BSG” finale

Kate Vernon on Ellen, the Cylon cougar

Comments

15 Responses to ‘Caprica’ wiped out: Syfy cancels planet before Cylons get chance

1. Prometheus Kane says:

I only watched because of Italian American hottie Alessandra Torresani. Half the time, I fall asleep watching the show. Too bad. I hope Zoe returns somehow in the next BSG tv flick.

2. Get Rite says:

WTF! I can't believe it . Caprica is probably the only reason I haven't tuned out SyFy. They're canceled Caprica and add WWE? I just don't get it.

3. Mike says:

Finally. This show was so boring! I was an avid BSG fan and was really excited for Caprica, but the writing was terrible and the acting was even worse. This show was a disgrace to the BSG franchise. Hopefully the new show coming out with be better.

4. joel says:

Slow paced? And they keep SG Universe? What the FRACK is wrong with this world?

5. Chris says:

Oh well. Capricawas my last and only reason to ever watch the normally unwatachable Syfy (man I hate that rebranding). More time to read I guess.

6. Jason says:

They keep crap like Ghost Hunters and those so called "Original Movies" but the get rid of one of the few real shows with a plot and character development. Further proof that scifi, or whatever its called, aint worth a frack.

7. Sean says:

So wait…does this mean that that chubby little girl who just stood there every show isn't coming back?

8. kirth says:

It gets worse — SyFy won't even air the remaining 5 episodes, they are terminating the show immediately. Too bad, I really liked this show. I was looking forward to how the present season's story arc ends.

It makes no sense — SyFy retains all this other 'reality show' junk like Ghost Hunters

9. wilkersonart says:

This news is very disappointing. I thought it was a good series and it ended on a cliffhanger.
    Will we have some conclusion?
    syfy stinks.

10. christina says:

Caprica:

The alternate SyFi universe were EVERYONE SMOKES.

I looked like the cigarette companies owned that series.

Caprica (cough, cough) RIP

11. Anna Rose says:

@kirth SyFy has said that they will be burning off episodes later in the season, so yes, you'll be able to see them. Just not immediately.

12. martin says:

syfy channel- you stink! you're giving sci-fi a bad rap! Keeping stargate? stargate? Asimov is turning in his grave! He would love to see the in depth exploration of robots with authentic human 'soul' (or is it?) Creating alternate realities with the hologram? That's good sci-fi because THAT COULD REALLY HAPPEN. …and in the not too distant future. No wonder why you renamed your channel syfy, you're not worthy of the name sci-fi.

Caprica is one of the few shows worth a you know what on cable television. Thanks for having no backbone or vision. that's just great.
    Martin

13. ron says:

boo hoo, I loved caprica. creative, I want to see that future happen.

14. george says:

They are stupid. They realy are the guys in SyFy channel. Pity very very pity… I hope they change their minds… and think again. They sould be.