April 12, 2010 | 5:29 p.m.

Kick-Assfinally reaches theaters Friday, but a week ago we had a special free screening for Hero Complex readers in Hollywood. After the movie, I interviewed some of the key people behind the audacious film — four of the young stars in Chloe Moretz, Aaron Johnson, Christopher Mintz-Plasse and Clark Duke as well as screenwriter Jane Goldman and comics artist John Romita Jr., who drew the Marvel series that shared its name with the film. It was a lively conversation. Here are some highlights.

– Geoff Boucher

Kick-Ass

‘Kick-Ass’ cheered in Austin, but one critic wonders why

‘Predators’ on the loose in Texas — the hunt is on

Bryan Singer discusses his return to ‘X-Men’

Christopher Nolan breaks silence on Superman film

Comments

6 Responses to Clark Duke calls ‘Kick-Ass’ a game-changer: ‘I don’t see how you make “Spider-Man 3″ after this’

1. Scott says:

Um, SPIDER-MAN 3 came out in 2007.

2. Tom Strong says:

Comments like that are just dumb. Who cares what this pudgy actor says? Kick Ass comic changed nothing. Even The Dark Knight changed nothing.

3. Peter Lange says:

Well, to be fair, I am sure softy meant another superhero movie in the same vein as Spiderman or Fantastic Four. Its obviously a self promoting statement, and I would doubt that even he believed it. Without having seen the movie yet, it would be hard for me to judge, but I can say that after reading the comics, my reaction was tepid. Certainly there was nothing in the plot nor in the writing that challenged any conventions within the super hero genre.
    Ultimately, it will rake in quite a few bucks, it will entertain a few people, and within a month of it coming out on video, no one but a few die hard fans will recall it.

4. Donna Hill says:

Wow, fellas – let me introduce you to Irony Man.

5. SoOutofTouch says:

It's kind of sad how desperately everyone associated with "Kick Ass" is trying to gin up some kind of controversy to get people talking about their movie, but no one else. Fanboys will see this the first week, then it'll plummet like Britney Spears' career. This thing will make its money back on DVD, but that's about it.

6. asfgg says:

^lol now you all feel dumb