New ‘Watchmen’ trailer hits the Web today

July 18, 2008 | 1:52 a.m.

Earlier this week Geoff Boucher wrote about the fact that the new “Watchmen” trailer would hit the theaters this weekend right before the screening of “The Dark Knight.”

Thanks in part to those crazy kids at Trailer Addict we can enjoy the trailer today — which is probably OK since everyone and his mother will see “The Dark Knight” this weekend anyway, no doubt.

Enjoy the two-minute peek into the much-awaited film above or at TrailerAddict.com and yes, that is the Smashing Pumpkins’ “The Beginning Is the End Is the Beginning” playing under the footage.

More in: Uncategorized, Watchmen

Comments

12 Responses to New ‘Watchmen’ trailer hits the Web today

1. Christie says:

Yeah, since yesterday morning I have now watched this trailer more times than should be humanly allowed.
    If I close my eyes, I can see it shot for shot.
    I'll seek therapy later. Worry not.
    sooooooo excited.

2. tigerstripes says:

Christie, that sounds like me and Acts I and II of Doctor Horrible. I'm surprised I didn't dream them last night.
    This Watchmen trailer looks like the movie could live up to the potential of the book, and I didn't think that was possible. Really looking forward to seeing it on the big screen before Batman.

3. christie says:

hehe. Yeah well, I was initially rather concerned about this being turned into another blockbuster. However, when the concept art starting hitting the web and the teaser trailers and then when I saw the trailer for this during the screening of Dark Knight, I sort of lost my mind.
    I can't wait. :)
    Tiger, my friend and I screamed when we saw it. <3

4. Mike says:

wow it looks great except the vietnam battlefield looks a little too cg…. i hope it's rated r

5. Frank says:

They had better not screw this up.
    Has Alan Moore disowned this like he has disowned all the movie adaptations of his work ? I'd find more comfort in it if he approved of it.

6. Nathan says:

Alan Moore disowned it, but he did read a script for it (I think it was David Hayter's original) and said it was as close as he could imagine coming to the comic book in movie form. The script has been changed since then; it was originally set in modern times but is now set in the same era as the comic.

7. Cory says:

I am 35
    and i feel like a kid
    i also watched way too many times allowed

8. Rudy says:

So glad they're finally making a movie.
    Was that Robert Downey Jr. playing the comedian?

9. Jeffrey Pearl says:

At a comics convention many years ago I was thrilled to obtain a copy of a script for what was professed to be a proposed film of "The Watchmen." I was ecstatic not only to have this in my hands, but for the knowledge that this most incredible graphic novel, that to me was virtually a phenomenal film put to paper and ink, was indeed going to be a real motion picture. My eldest son and I were both saddened that thisno film was ever made. Rumor upon rumor surfaced about Alan Moore's great work bring made into a movie but nothing ever came of it. After so much time had elapsed we had given up all hope. The two of us saw "Dark Knight" on its opening day (another whole story there) and our mouths dropped when we realized the dream was coming true and "The Watchmen" will soon be here. Not nearly enough shown in the trailer just released but it certainly whetted our appetite for what is to come. I can only hope this is the one that truly does justice to Moore's genius writing.
    One addtional comment, since the trailer was released with "Dark Knight." Many will recall one of the finest Batman stories DC ever put out was a graphic novel called "The Killing Joke" written by Alan Moore.

10. Steve says:

I actually never even heard of this comic/graphic novel and saw the trailer yesterday when I went to see the dark knight and man does this movie look like it could be gorgeous. I am looking forward to seeing it next year and learning more about the characters.

11. Grant says:

While the batman movie was very entertaining, I have to say that I enjoyed the Watchmen trailer more than the entire two and a half hours of Dark Knight, probably because I've been waiting longer for Watchmen. I can just imagine what the deluxe version of watchmen is going to be like, i hear good things about that to.