‘The A-Team’: I love it when a trailer comes together

Jan. 12, 2010 | 11:15 p.m.

The fugitives who always have a plan and drive a cool, souped-up black van are back, and we pity the fool who hasn’t seen the trailer for the 2010 big-screen remake of Stephen J. Cannell’s and Frank Lupo’s action-packed seminal ’80s TV show “The A-Team.”

Not much reinvention here as the actors — Bradley Cooper as Lt. Templeton “Faceman” Peck, Liam Neeson as Col. John “Hannibal” Smith, Sharlto Copley as Capt. “Howling Mad” Murdock, Quinton “Rampage” Jackson as Sgt. Bosco “B.A.” Baracus and new addition Jessica Biel as Lt. Sosa — don’t seem to stray too far from the core concept of the characters. Smart for director Joe Carnahan. The original Murdock (Dwight Schultz) and Faceman (Dirk Benedict) will apparently make appearances as well. Subtle, or not so subtle, links to the past are usually cool. Over-the-top, a bit snarky, explosions galore … just like old times. But what do you think of the trailer?

– Jevon Phillips

Tron

‘Matrix,’ ‘Star Wars’ and ‘Lord of the Rings’ — coming soon in 3-D?

‘Alice in Wonderland’ trailer takes you away

‘Tron Legacy’ and ‘Sorceror’s Apprentice’ images reveal tech and magic

‘Avatar’: technologically advanced, even in the trailer

New ‘Iron Man 2′ trailer is making the rounds and causing excitement

Exclusive video: ‘Ghostbusters’ — from Wii to sequel?

Bruce Lee vs. Iron Man

Comments

13 Responses to ‘The A-Team’: I love it when a trailer comes together

1. oakmonster says:

Hey, B.A. is AWAKE during a flight?!?!!

2. J.B. says:

Look closer….he's knocked out and propped up behind Murdoch….just like old times!!!

3. Brett says:

I was so excited when I heard they were making a movie featuring characters from one of my favorite shows as a kid. The trailer is great and I can't wait to see the film. AWESOME!!!!!!

4. Jason says:

Looks good to me! I wonder if they will actually shoot people in the movie, instead of the ground like on tv!

5. milt marhoffer says:

look really close. the van is only one color. the original was black and pontiac charcoal gray

6. Paul - Wisc says:

I enjoyed the original show, It had alot of humor in it. The movie looks interesting and I plan to see it.
    That being said, I didn't like the editing of the trailer. All the cutting to black kinda made me nauseous. I went back and watched it again and hit pause every few seconds so I could see what I was looking at.
    In the show nobody ever got hit with all those bullets flying.

7. AlexG says:

awful trailer. enough with the fade outs, don't ya think?
    cool to see sharlto kopley in another film, pumped for this one!

8. Susannah2k says:

In the 80s I was watching Moonlighting and Remington Steele, but who doesn't know about the A-Team? All those catch phrases! All that stuff blowing up! Netflix will send me some episodes so I can catch up. Get in line now!

9. jack Mehoff says:

This is just another attempt to use our 80's memories to make money off of the x generation – Sad. I really loved the A Team too. My favorite episode is when Howling mad Murdock is locked in a jail and screams repeatedly "I want trash BAGS!" And the guards give them to him to shut him up! He then uses the bags to create a raft to escape!

10. northside says:

Looks good can't wait till it's out!!!!

11. Sheldon says:

I saw this in front of Daybreakers, and I laughed. It seems to have captured the goofy, explosive charm of Steven J. Cannell's TV series perfectly.
    I'm putting The A-Team on my "goofy summer fun not to missed" list.

12. todd says:

This was cool back in the 80s. Why does hollywood think that A-Team will be cool now? They shouldve made this movie 20 yrs ago, not now! So gaaaaaay. Even so it still wont be as awful as the Ferris bueller remake will be.
    Hollywood doesnt have a scent of originality left

13. YulBrenr says:

AWESOME!!!! they finally made a good movie and not a stupid goober movie like oh um Dukes of Hazzard that they ruined everything about that show and the actors they got come on, really? But it's nice to know that the A-team movie isn't going to get ruined and doesn't have goobers in it, don't get me wrong knoxville and scott are good comedians but not for Hazzard County